Introducing my custom designed and 3D printed Y6 multirotor. After many hours of designing, printing, troubleshooting and test flying, I am finally showcasing my latest multirotor with the world. The frame base, motor holders, landing gear and 3-axis gimbal were printed 3D printed in ABS. The booms are carbon fiber tubes that are 330 mm long and 16 mm in diameter. Here are some additional specs:
- Motors: 6 X DT700
- ESC: 6 x 30A Multistar
- 10×4.5 HQ props for the top motors
- 11×4.5 HQ props for the bottom motors
- DragonFly32 Pro Flight controller (Naze32 Pro clone)
- RC Receiver: FrSky X8R with an amp sensor and a voltage sensor
- 1 or 2 Multistar 5,200mah 3S LiPo for ~10 minutes or ~20 minutes of flight time respectively.
- Failed landing gear #1
It features a 3 axis gimbal that uses the following:
- 2 X brushless motors for yaw and pan
- 1 X brushless motor for tilt
- 32bit AlexMos controller
- GoPro Hero 4 Black Edition
Stay tuned for flight footage of the Y6 flying and gimbal stablilized footage from the GoPro / gimbal.