Introducing the J-Twin, a twin-motor airplane I designed and built specifically for FPV. I took it for its maiden flight today and I behaved amazingly well, just a click or two of aileron trim and it was all set. The center of gravity is approximately at 1/3 of the wing chord and it didn't present any negative tendencies.
The plane is built using Adams Readi-board (dollar store foam) and balsa for the ailerons with reinforced packing tape for strength. The wing breaks down into 3 sections and it was built using the Armin Wing technique (from Ed, Experimental Airlines).
- Wingspan: 60"
- Length: 36"
- Wing chord: 6.5"
- 2 x Turnigy D2630-11 1000 KV motors
- APC 9 X 6 props (counter-rotating)
- 35A H-King ESCs
- FrSky X8R receiver
- APM 2.5 flight controller
- ImmersionRC 5.8 Ghz 600 mW Video transmitter
- Fatshark RVC922 video goggles with built-in 5.8 receiver
- GoPro Hero 2 for recording and video out.
Stay tuned for a flight video.