I’ve had an idea for quite some time now and right about now seems like the right time to execute. I’m pretty sure others have thought and built something similar to this, but I think I can do it quite well. The idea is to build a quad and airplane hybrid, like the picture above. A standard glider design with a pod fuselage and a twin boom configuration, elongated in the front to acomodate 4 motors and props pointing upwards and the achieve proper center of gravity.
These are my initial thoughts and materials:
– All foamboard using the Experimental Airlines’ Armin wing and fuselage tube design. I’ve build triangular tubes and those seem to be the way I’ll go.
– KK 2.0 for control of the quad portion
– Mixing with switches utilizing my Taranis and OpenTX
– 1000kv motors for the quad portion, swinging 9″ or 10″ props.
– Forward propulsion using a 2,200 kv motor and a 6 x 4 prop.
Stay tuned for updates!
Leave a Reply